The event will take place around summer solstice at the beautiful site of Kulturgut Freiland, about 2hrs north of Berlin.
Google maps link to share: https://goo.gl/maps/fY3GXL1frYF2
Detailed location info
For more details or if you have any questions, you can get answers here
We do not know yet if we will have shuttle buses like last year
we do not know yet if we will have build buses leaving the friday before the event.
There are hourly RE5 trains leaving from Berlin Südkreuz/Hauptbahnhof/Gesundbrunnen which take around 2hrs 15 mins to get to the area. You have 2 options:
- Sternfeld – the closest station at 7km distance. Tiny & in the middle of nowhere – Only use when taking a bike or getting picked up!
- Demmin – this is the closest town, and if you need a shuttle to take you to the site this is your option:
- Local taxi company Taxi Albrecht from Demmin runs a shuttle service with 2-3 Großraumtaxis (8 People per taxi) to/from site at the fixed price of 28€ per taxi one way – that makes 3,50 per person in a full taxi.
- They will be at the Demmin train station when the trains arrive from Berlin or from the other direction (Greifswald) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons. Saturday on demand.
- On Sunday they will come to the site on demand and shuttle back to the Demmin station.
- You can call Taxi Albrecht to confirm/arrange on +49 172 9429569.
ATTENTION: Delayed trains for the way to the site
Deutsche Bahn just announced construction works on our train line for 18-22 June. Unfortunately this can lengthen the train journey to take up to 4hrs, as you need to use the Sbahn to Oranienburg first and then take a train from there. Going back to Berlin from Sunday 24th onwards should be fine. Make sure you account for this in your travel planning or consider switching to our bus shuttles…
Driving from Berlin takes a little over 2hrs. We will have lots of free parking available on site.
Campervans and vehicles on Site (deliveries too)
Only some camper vans, art cars and production vehicles are allowed on-site during the burn (Wednesday 10:00 – Sunday 12:00).
EVERY CAR ON THE SITE DURING THE BURN NEEDS A PERMIT!
Just fill out this Google Form by Sunday, June 2nd:
We will sort it out within the week after that and email you your permit. Bring the permit to the event and have it visible on your vehicle!
There will be no entry during the event without a parking permit!
Please note: Once your car is onsite after the start of the event (Wednesday 10:00AM) it will have to stay there until Sunday. We cannot guarantee a spot on-site for everyone and the rest will have to stay in the parking lot just outside the gate. Parking off-site doesn’t require a permit and no permit needed for the build and strike either.
Deliveries during the event:
Fill out the permit form with an estimated date/time and a contact person. The vehicle will be accompanied by Wonderers to its destination. If this for some reason is not possible, please be prepared to pick up your deliveries at the gate.